Where to eat and what to eat, if you’re able to snag a reservation.
Image credit: Evan Sung
New to the West Village is Noortwyck
. After working inside the fine dining mecca, Eleven Madison Park, two of their alums, Cedric Nicaise and Andrew Quinn, decided to open up their own New American restaurant in an unassuming location in the West Village which is sure to be a neighborhood staple.
I recently had the pleasure of dining with my friend Claire Paull and was blown away. The restaurant works with farmers and producers all within the New York area to create a menu that is seasonally driven with a global flare. Every dish we tried was inventive and elevated. Paired perfectly with the menu is an extensive wine list curated by co-founder and sommelier, Cedric Nicaise, with over 250 outstanding bottles.
Image Credit: The Infatuation
What To Order:
- Fluke Crudo with Fennel and Pear
- Gluten Free Agnolotti with Honeynut Squash and Sage Brown Butter
- Whole Roast Chicken For Two Served with Triple Cooked Potatoes
*Save room for the Apple Parfait with Kiwi and Jasmine- it’s to die for!
Reservations can be made via Resy
RH Guest House
Image Credit: RH Guest House
In Meatpacking, Restoration Hardware just launched their first hospitality concept: RH Guest House
which features 6 rooms, 3 suites and The Dining Room, a gorgeous restaurant decked out in white oak and Italian travertine. The menu matches the ambiance, both luxe and decadent. Perfect for both date night or girls night.
Image Credit: Karsten Morgan for The New York Times
What to Order:
- Grilled Avocado Topped with Petrossian Imperial Kaluga Caviar Petrossian
- Grilled Maitake Mushroom over Crispy Rosemary Potatoes
- Fire Roasted Westholme Australian Wagyu Ribeye
- Thin and Crispy Truffle Fries with Shaved Black Truffle and Parmigiano Reggiano
*Save room for the Caramelized Banana Split which is decadent and the perfect way to end your meal.